Online tutor in English
Literature, Japanese, Legal Studies, Law, ESL, Essay Writing, GAMSAT, IELTS
I travel to these locationsSydney, all States
(8 student reviews)
**PRINCETON UNIVERSITY PhD CANDIDATE**
Chris is a friendly, focused, and committed tutor with 7 years' tutoring experience of HSC, IB, undergraduate, university and further-education students.
He has taught high school and university students in Sydney for six years. Currently, he is a Doctoral candidate in the Department of Comparative Literature at Princeton University in the United States, an Ivy League institution and among the world's best departments.
Because of his enthusiasm and passion for it, he continues to offer in-depth and personalised tuition to Australian students in one-on-one sessions. He remains fully knowledgeable about the requirements of and texts for all HSC modules. All sessions are scheduled according to Australian time.
**EXPERT & SYSTEMATIC TUITION IN THE HUMANITIES**
ENGLISH LANGUAGE & LITERATURE / ESSAY WRITING / JAPANESE / LAW / COMPARATIVE LITERATURE
He can assist you methodically in:
*any HSC and IB English course, including ESL, Standard, Advanced and Extension modules
* Japanese (all levels and modules)
* HSC Legal Studies
* Undergraduate English and Law subjects
* Essay writing and proof-reading for all subjects in the humanities and social sciences
If you have difficulty in identifying the central requirements of your subjects - for example, HSC English and each of its modules, including the Area of Study, "Discovery" - He:
* offers a full review of materials and texts
* helps you to distinguish what is crucial from what is tangential * teaches analytical and language techniques, as well as methods for structuring unified and coherent essays
* develops, collaboratively, a distinctly individual approach to interpretation of your texts
* formulates theses for essay questions which can be applied to and adapted for exam purposes.
HE AIMS TO ASSIST ALL HIS HSC STUDENTS TO ACHIEVE BAND 6 IN THEIR SUBJECT
APPROACH TO TUITION
He takes your learning and scholastic goals seriously. His approach to tutorials is:
* to ensure mastery of the fundamental texts, concepts and methods of your relevant discipline
* to extend this mastery by the provision of additional tasks
He closely supervises you (whether in person or outside of tutorial hours):
* in the completion of both set assignments and the work he provides
* offers systematic feedback and targeted suggestions for further improvement.
He prefers to formulate a graded plan for our tutorials which progresses by reference to key goals:
* the plan is paced over a number of months and culminates in intensive work in preparation for your exams or other important assessments.
* He permits - and encourages - communication on matters of study outside of tutorial hours.
* He endeavours always to reply promptly, relevantly, and constructively.
[Please initially contact him through TutorFinder]
1. English Language and Literature
Advanced, Standard, ESL (Area of Study and all Modules) / Extension I can assist fully with mastery of each rubric theme, as well as its prescribed and elective texts
TOEFL & IELTS & GAMSAT
Undergraduate English Literature and Language
2. Japanese Language and Literature
All levels, including university
3. HSC Legal Studies
4. Undergraduate Law subjects, especially:
Legal Institutions and Reasoning
Federal and State Constitutional Law
Advanced Constitutional Law
Advanced Equity: contribution, subrogation, marshalling, set-off
Philosophy of Law
4. Editing and Proof-Reading
Assignments and essays for all HSC & IB subjects; university theses,
and dissertations; and academic papers
Initially, please contact Chris via TutorFinder.
Tutoring for 7 years
QUALIFICATIONS & RELEVANT ACHIEVEMENTS
Awarded a full University Fellowship at Princeton University, USA (2016 - 2020)
Governor's Merit Awards (South Australia) for perfect scores (100) in HSC Advanced
English and Continuers + Extension Japanese.
5/6 Band 6 results
BA (Hons 1) (University of Sydney): English literature / Japanese language and
He has been an Association for International Education Japan scholar at the
University of Tokyo.
He was selected as one of 15 graduate students world-wide to attend the University
of Cambridge seminar on Early Modern Japanese orthography in 2015.
As an MA (Research) candidate, he attended in 2015 the invitation-only ANU
Graduate Confererence in Japanese Studies.
He has presented papers at academic conferences, including on the 18th Century
writer Jonathan Swift at the David Nichol Smith Seminar, 2014.
He was official amaneunsis for the 2015 Civil Society and Post-War Pacific Basin
Reconciliation International Conference at the University of Sydney.
He has also tutored Asian Studies in the Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences, The
University of Sydney and was an examiner in the Department of Japanese,
University of Sydney
He has passed the Japanese Government's Japanese Language Proficiency Test
(Level 1 - highest).
He performed legal research to a set of barristers' chambers in Sydney. His research
contributed to submissions made by counsel in cases in the NSW Civil and
Administrative Review Tribunal, Local Court, Supreme Court, and Court of Appeal.
HSC SUBJECTS, JAPANESE, ENGLISH LITERATURE, ASIAN STUDIES
1 hour tutorial = $60
1.5 hour tutorial = $80
2 hour tutorial = $100
1 hour tutorial = $100
2 hour tutorial = $140
(Please note: all rates include contact time AND, within reason, prepatory and follow-
up online work. If the extra online work is substantial, an extra $20 per hour is
usually considered reasonable.)
ONLINE PROOF-READING ONLY
$45 per hour
Joined TutorFinder on 05-Dec-2008 (updated profile on 25-Aug-2017)