Melbourne Tutor in English
Literature, Essay Writing
Tutoring in VCE (year 11 and 12) Literature in Northern Suburbs, Melbourne.
Study Areas of Literature covered:
Essay structuring, Literary Perspectives, Adaptations, Textual comparisons and analysis.
My personal approach to Literary Studies:
Having completed many university level literature subjects with high distinctions I have developed a good understanding of methods to address common criteria in literary studies that help students complete their exams with high marks. My university studies have taught me techniques on reading a text and/or learning material with a literary perspective as well as how to create and mold a literature essay. I place importance on essay structure to formulate a clear and understandable essay. I also believe in sourcing the right background reading to ensure students achieve the best, most informed response to their topics. I heavily encourage students to have a personal engagement with their topics so that the work is enjoyable as well useful in a real world context.
Students will receive...
1. A visual breakdown on the structure of a Literary Essay including what and what not to include in paragraphs.
2. Cheat sheets outlining tips and techniques on forming a Literary response to use for personal study. 3. The opportunity to access further reading materials including scholarly articles, published literary papers, and book reviews written on the text.
*Note: These are great resources for a VCE student wanting cultivate better marks and achieve a high exam score.
General Breakdown of Lesson Structure:
- The first 15 - 20 minutes will be spent on essay structure, tips and practice. - The next 20 - 25 minutes the students and I will explore and analyze ideas and narrative tropes within the text. - The last 15 - 20 minutes will be spent on comparing Literary perspectives (feminism, Socialism, class, etc.) with our own interpretations of the texts
*Note: Lessons will be based on the VCE study area being concurrently delivered at the student's high school. (Adaptation, Textual Comparisons etc.)
- English - Secondary
- English Literature - Secondary, Tertiary
- Essay Writing - Secondary
I have over 1 years experience assistant teaching in a classroom at the Academy of
Interactive Entertainment, Melbourne.
February 2016 - present
I have 3 years experience tutoring Piano at ShowBiz Performing Arts Studios, Niddrie.
January 2012 - July 2015
3rd year Bachelor of Arts student at Deakin University, Burwood.
Majoring in Literature with top marks.
Certificate iv in Training and Assessment - Currently completing
- Private Tuition
- Group Tuition
- Home Visits
- Phone Help
- Online Help
The first session is free to gauge study areas and decide how the following sessions
should be structured.
Profile last updated on 08-May-2017 (registered 22-Feb-2017)