Sydney Tutor in Algebra, Calculus, Maths, Maths Methods
I've always had a passion for mathematics, particularly the problem-solving side of it. I like to make sure my students deeply understand the material, and know why everything works.
So many of my students have gone from really struggling in maths, to getting top marks. This is a text message a student sent me after completing the HSC: "I just wanted to say thank you so much for tutoring me. You are honestly the reason I improved soo much in maths. I got 89 - 1 mark away from a band 6 which I'm stoked with. Didn't even think I'd break into the 80s earlier in the year!"
I'd prefer year 10, 11, or 12 students. University students are also welcome, although I went to uni in WA and maybe the curriculum is a bit different here.
Lately I've been switching my students over to online tutoring through Skype, and everyone's found it to be just as good as in-person tutoring. All you need to do is get an external webcam (Jaycar sells one for $25) and attach it to something, e.g. a desk lamp, so that it's pointing down at the page you're writing on, then change Skype's device settings so that it uses that webcam.
The advantages of online tutoring for you:
- More reliability: if I catch a cold, I'm still happy to do online tutoring whereas I'd usually cancel a home visit so I don't spread my germs.
- Discount: normally I'd charge $80 for an hour of tutoring because of the travel time.
- First hour free: I know a lot of people are skeptical about online tutoring, so I'm offering an hour of free tutoring so you can try it out.
- Algebra - Secondary, Tertiary
- Calculus - Secondary, Tertiary
- Maths - Secondary, Tertiary
- Maths Methods - Secondary, Tertiary
Several years tutoring high school mathematics in Sydney, and I was always helping my friends throughout high school and uni.
Degree in Physics with first class honours. I attended several after-school mathematics
enrichment programs, including the UWA academy for young mathematicians, Norm
Hoffman's classes, and the National Mathematics Summer School. I got the top marks in
maths in my school/uni in year 12, first and second year uni, and in physics in second
and third year.
- Private Tuition
- Group Tuition
- Online Help
$60 per hour
Special Offer - First lesson free.
Profile last updated on 16-Oct-2017 (registered 15-Aug-2016)