Melbourne Tutor in Communication, Creative Writing, English
Literature, Essay Writing, History, Journalism, Law, Legal Studies, Maths,... (see below for full list of subjects and levels)
(1 student review)
** LIMITED PLACES LEFT FOR 2018 **
With the right guidance, every student has the potential to be their best. I help students establish study strategies and goals that are realistic and inspiring. Most importantly, I am enthusiastic about the power of positive psychology - this is how true excellence is developed.
I design lessons to encourage critical thinking rather than mere transmission of information. My approach to tutoring is individualised and I place a heavy emphasis on learning through creative activities. I help students realise and develop their written voice, reading comprehension skills and attention to finer details. I take a thorough approach to teaching essay writing and I pay attention to each student's progression. The best part of tutoring is when a new skill is fully grasped by a student and this is what I strive for.
I have a systematic approach to tutoring VCE English and enjoy showing students how to manage their studies in year 12. There is an incredible amount of personal growth that happens when a student has access to private tuition, particularly within year 12. I enjoy being apart of and fostering that process. If you or your child is in year 11 or 12, please don't hesitate to give me a call about strategising for VCE.
I often tutor literacy skills to younger students and students with special needs. I have experience working with students with anxiety, auditory processing disorders and autism.
I regularly email parents and guardians to keep them informed about their son or daughter's progress. It is important to work closely with parents and guardians so that private tutoring is a nurturing and successful experience.
I also conduct school holiday group workshops at the Melbourne Museum, the National Gallery of Victoria and the Royal Botanic Gardens. Students really notice their potential when they are invited to think for themselves beyond the classroom context.
Feel free to call me to discuss how we can make tutoring affordable and accessible for you.
- Communication - Secondary
- Creative Writing - Primary, Secondary, Tertiary
- English - Primary, Secondary, Tertiary
- English Literature - Primary
- Essay Writing - Primary, Secondary, Tertiary
- History - Primary, Secondary
- Journalism - Secondary, Tertiary
- Law - Tertiary
- Legal Studies - Secondary, Tertiary
- Maths - Primary, Secondary
- Media Studies - Secondary, Tertiary
- Philosophy - Secondary
- Politics - Secondary
- Reading - Primary, Secondary, Tertiary
- Special Needs - Primary, Secondary
Preston, Coburg, Northcote
- Previously employed as a VCE Summer School English Tutor
- Private tutoring since 2009
- Currently completing my Juris Doctor (JD) at the University of Melbourne and Masters
of Teaching (Secondary) at LaTrobe.
- BA (Media and Communications) from the University of Melbourne
- Certificates 3 and 4 in fitness
- Working with children check
- VCE Summer School English tutor
- Private Tuition
- Group Tuition
- Teaching Tuition
- Home Visits
- Phone Help
- Online Help
*Rate subject to change for tertiary tutoring.
Profile last updated on 23-Jan-2018 (registered 17-Oct-2012)