Melbourne Tutor in Maths, FREE FIRST SESSION (30 MINS)
(1 student review)
My name is Daniel James and I am 31 years old. I am a professional mathematics tutor with 11 years of high school and tertiary mathematics teaching and tutoring experience.
I am a qualified engineer, having completed a Bachelor of Engineering (Chemical, 1st Class Honors)/Pharmaceutical Science. I have 5 years of industry experience as an engineer working for a global consulting engineering firm.
I offer a premium mathematics tutoring service that is individualised for the students needs.
I am currently working with students from the following schools and universities: Wesley College, Methodist Ladies College, Melbourne Grammar School, St Columbus College, Trinity Grammar School, Melbourne Girls Grammar, Caulfield Grammar, Melbourne High School, St Columba’s College and Ave Maria College, Melbourne University and Monash University.
References for the parents of students/or students from any of the above-mentioned schools are available on request.
I provide mathematics tutoring services for the following: • Mathematics Years 7-10 • VCE Mathematical Methods (CAS) Units 1, 2, 3 & 4 • VCE Further/General Mathematics Units 1, 2, 3 & 4 • International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme (IBDP) - Standard Level (SL) Mathematics - Higher Level (HL) Mathematics • University Mathematics • Selective School Entrance Exams • Emergency Services Entrance Exams
I also provide mathematics home schooling services with accompanying resources.
I conduct tutoring session at your home, local library or my studio.
The session structure is as follows:
1. Current course work and theory. I will teach the student course work and theory they are learning in class. The aim will be to work ahead of class so when the student gets in class they can better understand the teacher's explanation and consolidate leanings from our tutoring sessions. This ensures class time can be used to its full potential.
2. Extended Response/Worded Questions. I will go through techniques and strategies for solving worded questions. I will provided several resources for worded type questions that aim to mimic exam style questions. This will ensure the student is getting weekly experience in problem solving.
3. Exam/Test/SAC preparation and strategy. I will focus on specific content for any upcoming exams/tests/SACs to ensure the student is fully prepared.
4. Revision. I provide a revision structure that ensures any of the work/theory learnt in previous sessions is continuously being practised and doesn’t have to be re-learnt.
The lessons will be based around your individual requirements.
As a qualified engineer with 11 years of teaching experience, I have developed a method based approach which is why I have been successful with a wide variety of students. I supply clear, easy to understand instructions for each of the concepts for the student to follow in my absence. This is the most effective method in ensure the student thrives in my absence.
MATHEMATICS VCE MATHEMATICAL METHODS UNITS 1, 2, 3 & 4 - $80/hr VCE FURTHER/GENERAL MATHS UNITS 1, 2, 3, & 4 - $80/HR MATHEMATICS YEARS 7, 8, 9 & 10 - $70/hr UNIVERSITY MATHEMATICS - $90/hr
- Maths - Primary, Secondary
- FREE FIRST SESSION (30 MINS)
Mathematics teaching and tutoring for 11 years
- Mathematical Methods Units 1, 2, 3 & 4
- Further Mathematics Units 1, 2, 3 & 4
- Mathematics Years 7 to 10
- University Mathematics
Monash University: Bachelor of Engineering (Chemical, 1st Class
- Private Tuition
- Group Tuition
- Teaching Tuition
- Home Visits
- Phone Help
- Online Help
VCE MATHEMATICAL METHODS UNITS 1, 2, 3 & 4 - $80/hr
FURTHER/GENERAL MATHS UNITS 1, 2, 3, & 4 - $80/HR
MATHEMATICS YEARS 7, 8, 9 & 10 - $70/hr
Profile last updated on 22-Mar-2017 (registered 02-Sep-2010)