Melbourne Tutor in Creative Writing, English
Literature, ESL, Essay Writing, IELTS, Reading, Society and Culture
Please note, enrolments for VCE Literature and VCE English Language are now closed for 2017. Places for VCE English may still be available.
Ann Stanley is a former secondary teacher with twenty years' experience teaching English (7-12), VCE Literature, VCE English Language, VCE Global Politics, Literacy, Humanities, Pastoral Care, Debating, Public Speaking, Careers and Organisation. Her particular interest is in individualised learning to suit the needs of each student and she has trained and mentored other teachers. Ann has worked as a VCAA assessor (English Language). Peter Stanley has 22 years' experience as a secondary teacher. He is the author of several Excel VCE Study Guides (Pascal Press) and two young adult fiction novels, 'Dead Wrong' and 'Dead in the Water' (Jacaranda Press). He is a contributing author to the 'English Alive' Years 8, 9 and 10 text books (Jacaranda), the 'English is..' Year 9 text book, and 'Alive and Winking', an anthology of short stories for teenagers (Jacaranda).
We offer the following services:
- Structured lessons for gaining knowledge, exploring concepts and practising skills. - Homework exercises. - Creative writing practice. - Coaching for scholarship and select entry tests. - Curriculum advice and resources for home schooling parents. - Essay feedback (by email) for VCE students. - A literacy program for students who seek to improve their reading. - Mentoring and support for students with poor organisation skills. - Public speaking coaching. - Homework help. - Diagnostic testing (reading). - Undergraduate help. - Mentoring to novice teachers.
- Referrals to expert teachers in the following VCE subjects: English, ESL, History, Health and Human Development, Physical Education, Psychology, Business Management, Accounting, French, Biology, Chemistry and Maths.
We are available Monday to Thursday 3pm-7pm, Saturday 10am-5pm, Sunday 10am-3pm and at other times by email.
Worksheets and notes are provided.
We invite you to try our essay feedback service for any VCE English subject. The fee is $50 for each draft, including follow-up emails where clarification is required. Drafts will be returned within 24 hours.
- Creative Writing - Primary, Secondary
- English - Primary, Secondary, Tertiary
- English Literature - Primary, Secondary
- ESL - Primary, Secondary, Tertiary
- Essay Writing - Primary, Secondary, Tertiary
- IELTS - Tertiary
- Reading - Primary, Secondary
- Society and Culture - Secondary
Over 2000 students, Years 2-12
Classroom teacher, Melbourne High School, Pembroke Secondary College, Koonung
Leading Teacher (Curriculum Differentiation and Student Engagement), Koonung
Classroom teacher, Pembroke Secondary College
Leading Teacher (Head of English), Pembroke Secondary College
Leading Teacher (Student Services), Koonung Secondary College
BA (Monash University)
Dip.Ed. (University of Melbourne)
Grad.Cert. Gifted Ed. (Monash University)
Victorian Institute of Teaching Registered
B.Ed. (Melbourne State College)
- Private Tuition
- Group Tuition
- Teaching Tuition
- Home Visits
- Phone Help
Hourly rate for individual tuition: $80-$100
Essay feedback: $45 - $50 per essay
Group classes: $40 per hour (maximum 6 students per class)
Half hour consultation to discuss how we can best meet the educational needs of
your child: free
Profile last updated on 28-Mar-2017 (registered 03-Sep-2013)
0423 431 745