Perth Tutor in Maths, English
, Chemistry, Physics, Economics
When I speak to parents of teenage children, I hear the same problems over and over again.
Do any of these sound familiar?
- I'm tired of telling my son "GO DO YOUR HOMEWORK". He thinks I'm nagging at him all the time.
- I'm sick and tired of telling her to get off her mobile. I know if she gets off that tiny little screen, she could do a lot better.
- I tried to help him with his problems and challenges. But when I do, he thinks I'm getting into his personal space.
What if it doesn't have to be like this?
Hi, I'm Alan!
I help mums and dads ease the frustration of nagging their children to study. I am not just a tutor but also a mentor to students helping them develop skills which are necessary to excel at school and beyond.
Many would agree, learning doesn't just happen at school, it's also what you do outside of the classroom that is equally important. A common problem I have found is students struggle to develop routines and habits necessary to prepare them for success beyond school. Teenagers don't realise this early enough. They get caught up with the small things instead of focusing on what's truly important and later find it hard to achieve the success they desire.
From my experience, working with students from Christchurch, Scotch, Hale, MLC, St Hilda's and many more schools, a big part of success at school comes down to confidence.
When I see struggling students, I see a lack of belief and confidence in their studies. They often say to me:
- I studied so hard the last few days for this test... and I am only barely passing.
- I feel scared asking a question in front of the class because my friends might laugh at my question.. I'd rather not feel embarrassed and I'll ask my teacher when I get a chance.
As you can imagine, it can be a downward spiral for your child's confidence if it's not resolved. The child falls behind in class and eventually snowballs into a big struggle. This is why I often see parents just helplessly saying "he's just not motivated to study, I just don't know what else I could do to help".
So instead of letting the doubt holding your child back, I have discovered small steps to regain that confidence back.
What would it mean to you, if you could help them gain that confidence and belief in themselves, that they too can succeed?
- Your child being proactive and showing initiative in managing their time effectively.
- Your child being open to learning new skills and listening to your suggestions and opinions.
- Getting home from work to see them work independently, focusing on their studies giving it the best shot.
I believe if you are reading this, you want to help and understand your teenage child better. You may be time poor or just not sure where to start. Feel free to give me a call on 0433 098 759 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org to see how I can help.
Are you ready to help your child succeed?
- Maths - Secondary
- English - Secondary
- Chemistry - Secondary
- Physics - Secondary
- Economics - Secondary
Tutoring for 4 years
Completed Bachelor of Commerce (Honours) and Economics at UWA
- Private Tuition
- Group Tuition
- Teaching Tuition
- Home Visits
$60 per hour
Profile last updated on 26-Jun-2017 (registered 01-Jul-2013)
0433 098 759